Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken Recipe Plus Blending Dips
Snoop Dogg fried chicken recipe was publicized in his cookery book in 2016. By today Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken is famous worldwide. An Interesting detail is that Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken contains potato chips! And the best part is that it takes just a bit of effort to prepare it at home.
If you are a fried chicken lover, you might be familiar with Snoop Dogg's recipe in vogue these days. This incredible chicken formula has won many hearts and continues to do so even today after being first publicized in 2016.
Are you eager to find out Snoop Dogg fried chicken recipe? If yes, then you have landed on the right page. We are sure your intense cravings have made your search for the best fried chicken recipe, which eventually brought you here.
So, let's not waste further time and delve deeper to explore this mouth-watering recipe...
Snoop Dogg fried chicken recipe
This secret formula of making the best-fried chicken in the Snoop Dogg style originated in 2008. It all started when Martha Stewart, the domestic maven, became a close acquaintance of the hip-hop star Snoop Dogg.
She taught him to prepare mashed potatoes, which fascinated him with the idea of playing with the ingredients and create something with a personal touch that would excite others.
This idea, combined with an excellent knowledge of flavor balancing and temperature, brought out his signature dish.
Snoop Dog's fried chicken recipe is widely popular, and many people swear by its perfectly balanced taste and alluring aroma.
Many food critiques state it as the "game-changing" chicken wing recipe that will change your perception about fried food.
However, any dish is incomplete without adding a magical ingredient that complements it and enhances its taste. The special ingredient here that is Snoop Dogg's fried chicken companion is the potato chips.
If you miss this mesmerizing ingredient, you cannot enjoy the fried chicken no matter how lovingly you prepare it. The chips have the chicken's soul, without which your Snoop's fried chicken would never come to life.
You need to choose your potato chips wisely because they are the ones that give your juicy chicken piece a crunchy bite.
So, are you ready to know the excellent fried chicken recipe?! If yes, follow the list of ingredients and instructions listed below to prepare the doppelganger of Snoop's world-famous fried chicken dish with the use of potato chips...
Ingredients for the chicken
- Canola Oil – 1 quart
- Buttermilk -2 cups
- Cracked black pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Salt and seasonings – 2 teaspoons
- Cayenne Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons
- Chicken wings – 4 pounds
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Cornmeal – ¼ cup
- Crushed potato chips – ¼ cups
- Hot sauce (optional)
Ingredients for the brine
- Orange peel – 1
- Kosher Salt – 1/3 cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
- Red pepper flakes – 1 teaspoon
Directions for the Brine
- To start with, you first need a pot to empty 5 cups of water into it. Turn on the flame and place the pot on top of the burner at high flame. Once it comes to a boil, add the ingredients for the brine.
- First, add the sugar and salt, and then gradually add the red pepper flakes, orange peel, and bay leaf into the boiling brine solution. You need to wait till the salt and sugar dissolve. Once they dissolve, turn off the flame and let that solution cool down till it reaches room temperature.
- The next step is to place the chicken piece on a dish and then pour this cooled brine solution on it. It would be better if you use a bowl so that the chicken is entirely covered by the brine solution from all the sides and soaks it well.
- You have to cover the dish or bowl whichever utensil you use for the next 24 hours so that the solution enters deep inside the chicken and makes it juicy and delicious.
- After 24 hours, drain the chicken piece and pat dry to remove the excess solution that is present superficially. You can use a paper towel to do the same. Once you have removed the chicken from the brine, throw it away because it won't be used anymore.
Directions for the chicken
- To prepare the chicken, you first need two bowls separate for both the dry and wet ingredients.
- In one of the bowls, add all the dry ingredients: salt, cornmeal, potato chips, flour, black pepper, etc. Mix the dry ingredients well and keep them aside.
- Take the second bowl and fill it with buttermilk. You need to keep both the bowls beside each other so that your pantry doesn't get too messy.
- Now, bring in a rack or a pan, which you will use to place your chicken pieces and fry them. Place the batter alongside to start with the process.
- First, you need to take the chicken pieces and dip them entirely into the buttermilk. Take out the chicken pieces, and then wait for the excess buttermilk to drip off. Now, take the chicken pieces and put them in the bowl containing the dry mixture.
- You have to coat the pieces evenly with the dry mixture so that not a single spot is left. Once coated, you need to place them on the wire rack or pan you are using to keep them ready for frying.
- The battered chicken pieces need to be left for drying for 20 to 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes get over and the chicken pieces are dried, they are ready for frying.
- For frying, take a deep bottomed frying utensil and pour the canola oil in it. Now, wait for the oil to heat up to 350n Fahrenheit.
- When the oil reaches the prescribed temperature, carefully put the chicken pieces inside the oil one at a time. You need to remember that crowding is not the option to prepare a portion of delicious food.
- Hence, put one at a time and fry it until it turns golden brown. You have to maintain the prescribed temperature throughout so that you get the ideal chicken wings that you wanted.
- After the frying process comes to an end, place the pieces together on a dish and sprinkle some salt generously on the top to finish the dish.
- You can serve the pieces hot with some hot sauce or waffles made out of buttermilk. You can also use other condiments to add flavor to this magical fried chicken recipe and enjoy it with your family.
Dips that blend well with Snoop Dogg Fried chicken
If you don't want to use the hot sauce or buttermilk waffles, you can explore other options. There are plenty of dips available that blend well with the fried chicken and pamper your taste buds so that you start drooling.
These dips provide a blast of flavors and elevate mood. Sometimes, the chicken can become bland due to the lack of seasonings, but these dips fill the void, and you don't get to know about the lack of seasonings in your fried chicken.
If you are searching for such dips, we have presented you with a list that will take off your load and provide you some of the best dips to eat. Hence, wait no further for your hot and crispy fried chicken to get cold, and quickly look at these dipping sauces to make one for your evening.
Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
This dip is a blend of lemongrass, peanut oil, shallots, garlic, and many tangy ingredients that give it a flavorful punch. A total of 13 ingredients go in to make this thick and smooth, spicy sauce that adds a savory flavor to your chicken wings.
The preparation time is 20 minutes, and it is very effortless to make. If you use this dipping sauce with your fried chicken, you will stop visiting those fancy fast food joints that serve you fried chicken with mayonnaise.
Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce
This dipping sauce for the fried chicken wings is made using 11 ingredients. These ingredients include garlic, Cilantro, Mayonnaise, carrots, buttermilk, celery, and many others. When these ingredients blend, the aroma that comes out is irresistible.
This tangy red sauce is full of flavors, and we bet that you will lick the dish on which this sauce was served after having consumed all your chicken pieces. You can use it with every food item, be it the vegetables or chicken wings or anything. Just name the dish, and you can add this sauce to it.
Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce
Soy and ginger are the best combinations that any sauce can ever have. The salty flavor of soy, when blended with the refreshing taste of ginger, every food item revives back to life even if it is bland or lacks seasonings.
This sauce requires only seven essential ingredients to get prepared in 10 minutes. If you are a calorie-conscious person, you will be delighted to know that this sauce contains only 45 calories. It is not much of an addition to the chicken wings you are having with it.
Moreover, this sauce's aroma and taste are incredible, which is why many dining places offer it with everything they serve. The ingredients include soy sauce, white vinegar, ginger, green onions, sugar, sesame oil, and garlic to add more flavor.
If you haven't tried this sauce yet, it is high time that you should. You can effortlessly prepare it at home and enjoy it with your juicy chicken pieces.
Apricot Dijon Dipping Sauce
While the chicken is a staple of almost every household, popping it up with a sweet yet tangy sauce is a must. If you don't use a dipping sauce with a piece of fried chicken, you are missing the absolute joy of having it.
The Apricot Dijon dipping sauce is one such sauce that cannot be missed while eating fried chicken. It requires only three ingredients to get prepared in just five minutes. This dipping sauce is the simplest and the quickest, but the bunch of flavors captured in it is fantastic.
Your sense of taste will activate with the aroma of this sauce, and your salivary glands will forcefully start secreting. You cannot resist it once you get a taste of it. The addictive power of this sauce is so intense that it spares no one.
Chinese Mustard Dipping sauce
Another mouth scintillating dipping sauce on our list is the Chinese mustard sauce. You only required six essential ingredients to prepare this tempting sauce, dip your chicken pieces into it and relish every bite.
It needs only five minutes for the ingredients to blend and take the form of a smooth and thick saucy consistency that will leave you spell-bound. The ingredients include soy sauce, mustard powder, sesame oil, cider vinegar, sugar, and water.
To get the best taste of it, you need to let it rest for sometime after cooking so that the flavor infusion takes place, and then you can consume it, savoring every bite. The soothing taste of mustard and soy sauce's saltiness blend to bring out the best flavors and pamper your taste buds forever.
Honey mustard dipping sauce
To prepare this delicious dipping sauce with a sweet and tangy taste, you only need three essential ingredients. These ingredients include honey, mustard, and mayonnaise. The preparation time is just five minutes, after which you can let it cool down and eat.
Honey and chicken, along with mustard, make an incredible combination that many will give up their lives for. If you want to experience the chicken pieces melt in your mouth while creating an irresistible sensation in the mouth, you should use this dip with your fried chicken.
Wrapping up Snoop Dogg Fried Chicken Recipe
While Snoop Dogg fried chicken recipe looks so tempting, it tastes even better when you make it with love. This fried chicken is famous worldwide, and everyone is nuts about it.
To help you make the same fried chicken at home with ease, we have shown up with an incredible Snoop Dogg Fried chicken recipe.
This recipe includes the common ingredients you can easily find in the nearby grocery stores or even at home. However, do not forget to include the potato chips in the dry mix, making all the difference. It not only provides the chicken a crispy texture but also adds flavor to it.
Hence, do not wait longer to try this recipe at home. Now that you have finished reading it pull up your socks and start with the preparations.
Do not forget to prepare the dipping sauce from the list provided above to complement the fried chicken and help you enjoy it more.
More posts for you: