How to Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks? Tips and Recipe
Everybody loves those fluffy, light, and perfectly seasoned Olive Garden breadsticks. They melt in your mouth. These loaves of bread are perfect to accompany any meal; that’s why most people have them regularly.
What’s the key ingredient that makes Olive Garden breadsticks so tasty? Well, it’s sea salt. Yes, you read that right. Sea salt is the secret ingredient behind the heavenly taste of Olive Garden breadsticks.
The bread tastes best when served hot. Nobody loves the chewy taste of bread. But don’t worry! You don’t have to rush to the restaurant whenever you want to have some freshly baked Olive Garden breadsticks. Instead, you can buy the breadsticks in large quantities and reheat them whenever you feel like having some.
Now let’s come to the main question here, how to reheat Olive Garden breadsticks? Yes, we haven’t forgotten about that. You will get to know about the perfect reheating ways of breadsticks throughout this blog.
Olive Garden breadsticks: an overview
Olive Garden is famous for making delicious breadsticks and pasta. Almost any person who knows Olive Garden would talk about their breadsticks first. According to a report published in 2014 stated that Olive Garden makes somewhere around 675 to 700 million breadsticks every year.
Even though they make massive quantities of breadsticks every day, Olive Garden has never compromised on the quality. There is something about their soft bread and its garlic salt taste which makes everyone get into their knees!
How to reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks
Let’s come to the main question now. If you want your garlicky breadsticks to taste the same as they did in the restaurant, you need to follow proper reheating instructions. It is written on the back of Olive Garden packaging that you should reheat the breadsticks by baking them for about five minutes in their original bag.
Hence, don’t throw the bag away. You will also find a few other heating instructions on the back of the packaging. But it is not the only way to reheat olive garden breadsticks. In this blog, we’ll discuss a few other ways to reheat this buttery goodness.
First, let’s see the original instructions that Olive Garden provides to reheat the breadsticks:
- Preheat the oven at 350° F
- Place the breadsticks with their original packaging in the oven for about five minutes. If you have thrown away the bag already, wrap the breadsticks in foil paper and then put it in the oven.
This reheating method is best according to Olive Garden itself.
Other reheating methods
- Reheating Olive Garden breadsticks in the microwave
Follow these steps to reheat the breadsticks in a microwave:
- Remove the breadsticks from Olive Garden packaging. This packaging is not microwave safe as it contains a foil lining.
- Take a slightly moist kitchen towel or paper towel and cover the breadsticks. The moist towel helps to retain the breadsticks’ moisture. It will keep the bread soft and won’t let them dry out.
- Take another dry towel and put it over the moist towel. The breadsticks should be fully covered so that they don’t dry out.
- Keep the microwave power at medium. Between 30 to 50 degrees should be fine.
- Leave them in the microwave for 45 seconds to one minute, and it should be done.
- Reheating Olive Garden breadsticks in a toaster
If you are reheating the breadsticks in a toaster, you should follow the same steps as you did while reheating them in the oven.
Can you freeze Olive Garden Breadsticks?
Yes, you can freeze Olive Garden Breadsticks. There are two ways to freeze this delicious bread. Let’s find them out…
Allow the breadsticks to cool down. Now wrap the breadsticks in a foil tightly and put them in a heavy-duty airtight bag, and put them in the freezer. You can freeze these breadsticks for up to three months following this method.
You should thaw them at room temperature for something before reheating them. To reheat, set the oven at 350° Fahrenheit and bake the breadsticks for five minutes.
This method is applicable only when you’re baking the Olive Garden breadsticks at home. This method is to freeze the dough. Cut the dough into small balls. Freeze the dough in a tray before putting them into freezer bags.
Then put the balls into an airtight Ziploc bag and put them in the freezer. It will last for three months. Whenever you want to use them, take out the dough and thaw it into a warm, dry place. After it gets warmed up, roll it into breadsticks and bake.
Olive Garden breadsticks recipe
After hearing all the mouth-watering things about the Olive Garden breadsticks, you must be tempted to try them out. Well, it’s not always possible to get this bread from the restaurant. You may not have an outlet near you, or it might not be there in your city.
But don’t worry, you can make these tasty breadsticks at home as well. Yes, it may not give you the original taste of Olive Garden Breadsticks, but something’s better than nothing, right? Also, remember practice makes one perfect.
- All-purpose flour
- Dry yeast (needs to be activated)
- Salt (preferably sea salt)
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic powder
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with half a tablespoon of sugar
- Now mix the flour (1 ½ cups), granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and salt (1 ¾ tbsp salt) and blend all of them with the help of an electric mixer. The dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Now transfer the dough into a large bowl and cover it. Leave it for one and a half hours. After the stipulated time, the dough should double in size.
- This dough should make around twelve pieces. So cut them into small pieces and roll them into a rope. Transfer the dough ropes into a lined baking sheet.
- Again cover the ropes for about an hour. The dough will rise in size again.
- Preheat the oven at 425°F.
- Bake the breadsticks for about 11 to 13 minutes till they turn golden.
- Brush the breadstick with butter and sprinkle garlic powder and sea salt. Your yummy Olive Garden breadsticks are ready to eat!
Here is our take on reheating Olive Garden breadsticks. Hopefully, these tips helped you enjoy your favorite breadsticks just like they were served in the restaurant.
Also, don’t forget to check out the Olive Garden breadsticks freezing methods and the homemade breadsticks recipe. With the help of the recipe and freezing methods, you can enjoy this buttery goodness anytime you want!
More Posts for You: