Best Latte Machine 2019 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
I love all kinds of coffee, and I would like to be able to brew all of them in my home. Lately, I’m interested in latte, so I browsed a bit to see are there any good latte machines.
There is a wide range of coffee machines, and I already knew this, but can they be used to make a latte? I looked into a couple of them to find the best latte machine I can get.
Latte Machine with Grinder
Latte Machine with Milk Frother
Best Automatic Latte Machine
Best inexpensive Latte Machine
Best Single Serve Latte Machine
Best Latte Machine Under 100
Best Latte Machine Under 200
Best Espresso Machine for Latte Art
Best Home Latte Machine
What Should One Latte Machine Have?
Espresso machines are divided into two groups: Steam-driven and pump-driven. Steam driven machines make strong coffee, and they are pretty affordable, while pump-driven ones are capable of making real espresso.
Pump-driven machines have two groups: semi-automatic and super automatic. The semi-automatic machines require some barista skills to be used properly, while the super automatic is very easy to use, but that makes them a more expensive option.
For the home use for a person that hasn’t worked or got to know real espresso machine, the best choice would be the completely automatic coffee machine.
How to Choose the Best Latte Machine?
Now, while picking for the latte machine for yourself, make sure that it has these traits:
1. Quality build with replaceable parts. Even if you handle your devices with care, you never know if something might go wrong. So it’s good to have a machine that lasts and to be able to replace the broken parts.
2. With the overall build quality, one more important thing that should be durable is the boiler of the machine. There are three types of boilers, and what makes them apart is the material they are made of. The cheapest boilers are made of aluminum, in the long run, they corrode.
Stainless steel ones won’t corrode that easily, but they are pretty bacteria friendly. And the best of all are the boilers made of brass. They won’t corrode and be the breeding ground for bacteria, and that’s why they are the most expensive ones.
3. Easy to use. Since it’s a machine for the home use, it should be simple enough to use by anyone who is not a barista. The most user-friendly are the super automatic coffee machines.
4. Quick to heat up. Nobody likes to wait, especially when you need that boost in the morning. It’s best to waste as less time as possible, so the machines that can achieve the operating temperature fast are the ones to look out for.
5. Adjustable Spouts. I like my coffee in the largest cup possible, while others I know like to drink small portions. So, it’s great to have a machine that can provide you with the ability to make different portions of coffee.
6. Safety first. Make sure that the coffee machine is designed in a way to evade any accidents that may occur. Once you get burned with hot coffee, you start to appreciate the safety precautions.
7. Easy to clean. Some coffee machines are really tough to clean, and it can be a real hassle. I used to have that kind of coffee maker, and I stopped using it, just so I don’t have to clean it later. So the easier the machine is to clean, the better.
Gourmia GCM5500 – Latte Machine with Grinder
- 4 IN 1: One simple control panel with 4 LED lit icon buttons, pre-programmed with precise Espresso brewing settings. Choose One Shot, Double Shot, Cappuccino Style, or Latte
- ONE TOUCH: Making the perfectly picturesque espresso just got ridiculously effortless. Just insert your capsule, click your desired drink icon, and THAT'S IT! Compatible with virtually all Espresso pods
- AUTO FROTHER: Automatic integrated milk frother will steam the exact amount of foamy milk required for your cappuccino or latte, straight into your drink
- PRACTICAL CONVENIENCE: Features include a dual-cup platform for large or demitasse cups, 10 capsule eject/collect system, clear removable water & milk tanks, and drip tray
- ETL CERTIFIED: We, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL certified so you can be confident that you're receiving a safe, efficient, high quality appliance
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:36
With its sleek design, it’s bound to catch the attention. It has a modern design with simple colors that can fit any kitchen. It’s made of stainless steel and pretty sturdy plastic. It’s capable of making espressos, cappuccinos, macchiato, and latte.
It’s very simple to use; your latte can be ready by just a single press of a button. It works with Nespresso coffee pods and single espresso pods. The tray is adjustable for various sizes of cups, and the water container is easy to refill. It also captures any leakages, so your kitchen stays clean.
Even though it has both water and milk containers, it doesn’t take that much space. It can even be modified not to be strictly based on pods like other home espresso machines. It’s a single cup machine that will save you money if you’re a passionate coffee drinker.
Gourmia GCM4000 – Latte Machine with Milk Frother
- 3 IN 1: Transform that simple K-cup into a warm, frothy cappuccino, latte, or classic coffee!
- AUTO EASE: Simple controls feature just three buttons for each mode, all pre-programmed with precise brewing settings, and each adjustable for small/large cup sizes.
- MILK FROTHER: Built in frother steams foamed milk through attached spout- directly into your cup! Adjust frothiness with simple dial.
- SELF CLEAN: Frother features a convenient self clean mode, and removes easily. Also equipped with a clear, removable water reservoir, drip tray, and adjustable cup shelf.
- ETL CERTIFIED: We, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL certified so you can be confident that you're receiving a safe, efficient, high quality appliance.
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:28
A really fast coffee machine capable of making latte and cappuccino. It’s simple to use with a touch of a button. It has a built-in frother which can make that steamed foam on top of the cup. This latte maker is capable of using K-Cup of any brand.
It has 3 presets, for making 3 types of coffee. The drip tray is adjustable so it can fit any cup size you want. It easy to maintain and clean. The detachable milk container can be washed in a dishwasher. It’s easy not to make a mess, just as I saw in the latte machine commercial, if you adjust the tray to the cup, there won’t be any spilling.
It’s so cool when you have probably the best automatic latte machine for home, and you can offer your guests latte or a cappuccino in your own home. The milk frother is definitely the best part of it, and it does make it stand out from the rest of the machines.
It takes up so little space, it’s so compact that it even smaller than my previous filter coffee machine. The only thing that would make it better is for it not to be limited to K-Cups. But that would raise the price significantly.
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista – Best Automatic Latte Machine
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 bar pump system brews rich tasting espresso coffee
- Trouble free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:55
Some would say a simple and plain look until they check out the red version. Made out of steel which means it’s pretty durable. Mr. Coffee is a brand that built its name on coffee machines, and this one is a good example why.
It falls into the 3-in-1 category of coffee makers capable of making coffee, latte, and cappuccino. And it safe to say that it’s the best automatic latte machine for home. The taste of the coffee is rich and with that milk frother is makes a complete package.
Extremely simple to use, as the other ones we already covered, three buttons for three types of coffee. It seems a bit bulky, but it actually isn’t. Even the milk container is made to be smaller, so it doesn’t take up much space.
It works very fast, and the latte tastes just like the one from the latte machine Starbucks has. I don’t know which machine they are using, but it awesome when you can have that kind of coffee in your home.
Gaggia Classic – Best inexpensive Latte Machine
- Rugged brushed stainless steel housing
- Commercial three-way solenoid valve
- Commercial-style 58mm chrome-plated brass portafilter and Brew Group
- Easy-to-use Turbo-Frother steam wand attachment
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:28
This coffee machine almost has it all. You can brew coffee for two cups at the same time; it’s sleek and compact, and easy to use. It’s very friendly to beginners who know nothing about brewing coffee. The water reservoir is removable and easy to clean.
It can dispense hot water, so along with cappuccinos and water, you can use it to make Americanos and tea. The drip tray is not adjustable, but it’s capable of holding two small cups, and the machine can fill them up at the same time.
With the machine you get portafilter, measuring scoop and tamper all in the same package. It’s a bit noisy, but it makes great latte and espresso. The cream is absolutely perfect, which is very important for a pump espresso machine and a good latte.
For a coffee maker that has it all and can produce different kinds of coffee without breaking your budget, it gets a fair pass. There’s no need to spend a lot of money if you don’t have to. Of course, it’s not the cheapest coffee machine I had a chance to see, but considering all the possibilities, it’s below the average price.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo – Best Single Serve Latte Machine
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single-serve Coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz.), Double Espresso (2.7 oz.), Gran Lungo (5 oz.), Coffee (7.7 oz.) and Alto (14 oz.). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single-serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion (TM) technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: Have the ability to create barista grade brewed single-serve Coffee or Espresso cups at the touch of a single button. The one-touch button mechanism delivers the best in-cup result for whatever style Coffee or Espresso drink you choose. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only.
- FEATURES: Extra large 54 oz. water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container. This machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 15 seconds meaning you will never have to wait too long for your favorite Coffee or Espresso drink to be ready. There is an energy-saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a welcome kit with a range of Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles..Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):120 V - 60 Hz
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 19:05
Evoluo is probably the simplest to use and clean. It can fit two different cup sizes, and it uses coffee pods. It’s fully automatic; it has only one button for you to press.
Every capsule has a barcode on it, which the machine then reads are sets the right brewing parameters.
The drip tray is adjustable and removable, along with water and cup container, which makes it very easy to clean. Out of the box, it comes with twelve capsules with different aromas for you to try. It does not have a milk frother, but you can make latte if you get the latte capsules.
What I like about this machine so much is that it does all the work for you, even the used capsules go directly to the container by themselves once you open the top part. The crema is great, and the machine works very fast. What I don’t like is the price of the capsules while the price of the machine itself is pretty affordable.
It looks like it takes more space than it should, but in fact, it has a small footprint. For you guys who mostly serve only one cup of coffee, this machine can be a great choice, especially if you like your coffee in the biggest cup possible.
Keurig K55 K – Best Latte Machine Under 100
- You can brew all of your favorites with the Keurig K55
- Varieties from all of the brands you love, including green Mountain Coffee, Starbucks, and Lipton
- Compatible with the Keurig classic Series my K Cup reusable coffee filter
- Also available in a two fun colors to complement your décor
- Brews multiple K Cup Pod sizes (6, 8, 10 ounce) the most popular K Cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6oz brew size to achieve the strongest brew
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 19:05
First of all, I loved the design and the color variants of this coffee maker. It’s a single serve machine which uses K-Cups, and it supports various pod sizes. The water container is pretty big; the machine can produce six cups of coffee before refilling.
The user interface is very simple, all you need to do is select the brew size and press the button. The coffee is ready pretty quick; by the time you turn around to get the other cup ready for your friend, the first one is almost done.
The choice of flavors is almost limitless with K-Cups, but, as I already said, they are not that cheap. Sure, the cup of coffee costs less than it would in a coffee shop, but still, it costs more than it would if you could use your own coffee.
IT’s surprising that I was able to found Keurig machine under $100. The brand is known for its coffee makers, and it makes them in top quality. To make a latte just get you a capsule choose the size you want and that’s it.
Cleaning is pretty easy, the drip tray is removable, so that helps a lot, and it’s the part that needs to be cleaned the most. For such an underpriced machine this just might be the best latte maker for home use.
NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Genio 2 - Best Latte Machine Under 200
- Craft - enjoy 20+ different coffeehouse drinks in the comfort of your own home, including premium roast coffees, espressos, macchiato, lattes, Iced drinks and more!
- The tech - professional-grade pressure works together with our Smart Pod technology to deliver up to 15-bars of pressure into each capsule, helping you brew incredible, aromatic drinks with a flavorful crema atop-the universal sign of an amazing cup of Coffee
- Customizable - using the new Toggle stick and 8-level LED display, you can control the size (up to 12oz! ) and intensity of your ideal cup
- Versatility - brew both hot and Iced beverages with a flip of a switch. Use our iced-compatible capsules to make Iced cappuccinos and teas at home!
- Water tank size: 45oz (5+ cups of eight-ounce drinks). input power (watt)-1340-1600
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:36
This is the first machine that comes up under less than $200 latte machine Amazon has to offer. It’s a known brand, and I remember the commercial for it a while back, so I gave it a look. Of course, this one also uses coffee pads, and I think it’s unarguably the smallest of the type yet.
The footprint is so small you can fit it almost anywhere. I love the design; everything is centered on the coffee cup. It works on 15bars of pressure, resulting in great crema. The water tank can fit the water for about five servings.
Very easy to operate and easy to clean. The coffee is made in under a minute! Very fast coffee delivery, one of the fastest yet. It’s very quick to heat up, so that’s why it can make coffee that fast. There’s an indicator that shows the size of the cup you want, and it can go up to 12oz.
Having that setting, gave it some extra points in versatility. I have put it under the $200 category, but you can find it even at half that price. A very cheap and handy, compact machine that will suit any home. The bad experience about it was that it experienced some leaks of water sometimes.
Breville BES870XL – Best Espresso Machine for Latte Art
- Dose control grinding: integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground Coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: the steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:06
Now, if you really want something that’s close to professional so you can be a true home barista and make some latte art, this machine might be the one for you. It comes with all the equipment needed for a barista to make interesting latte art.
It’s bigger in size compared to all the other models we covered so far, but it’s designed to be just like the professional espresso machine. It’s has a coffee grinder so you can use any coffee beans you like. It’s much more complicated to use as well, but it’s meant for the people that had experience with professional espresso machines.
It has a lot of functions and settings, such as filter size, grind size and amount, espresso pressure, etc. There an indicator for the thermocoil heating system, tamper, 360-degree swivel for milk texturing and everything else one barista would need.
It’s pretty pricey compared to the rest of the machines, but it’s the only one with the real capabilities for latte art. The bad thing I found about this machine is that if a part breaks down, you have to pay for the repair yourself.
DeLonghi Silver Lattissima – Best Home Latte Machine
- BARISTA GRADE: De'Longhi's patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure to deliver quality single serve espresso and coffee drinks every time.
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Choose your favorite coffee or espresso drinks (3 milk and 2 coffee options) with a touch of button on the illuminated control panel using Nespresso Original capsules.
- VERSATILE: Single touch easy to clean hot milk system helps you create the perfect single serve cup of coffee or espresso effortlessly. Adjustable sliding drip tray accommodates larger coffee drinks (latte, cappuccino and Italian macchiato).
- TECHNOLOGY: Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds and maintains optimal temperature to enjoy multiple single serve coffee drinks instantly. Note-coffee comes out very slowly due to flow speed depends on the coffee variety and descale if necessary see descaling section. Quality of milk froth is not up to standard, use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature about 4 degree celsius. Rinse after each milk recipe preparation. Descale the machine
- ENERGY: Lattissima Plus has an energy-saving adjustable auto-off timer to help reduce electricity consumption. Water container capacity : 30 Ounce
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 19:05
The design is different, and it looks like the old-fashioned machines from the 70’s which I liked. It has five different settings for drinks, 3 for milk and 2 for coffee. The milk container is pretty big and can be used to make a great latte.
The control panel is easy to use, and it’s illuminated. It uses capsules to make coffee and the best of all; it can fit latte cups on the sliding drip tray. It has an auto-off timer so it can save the energy if you forgot to turn it off.
Cleaning is easy; the water tank is completely removable, drip tray also and the used capsule container, just like the other coffee pad machines. It heats up very fast; it’s ready to go in 40 seconds. Just like the other Nespresso systems, this one comes with a welcome kit full of coffee cups.
The milk frother is excellent, and you will be able to make delicious and creamy lattes. And the milk container can be removed and set aside in the fridge, that’s a unique feature that other machines lack. It doesn’t come cheap, however, but for the home environment, I think it is the best choice.
Taking everything one latte machine should have, I must say that DeLonghi Silver Lattissima is a winner of this roundup. It’s very compact, you can make a great latte with it, all the parts are detachable for easy cleaning, and it has settings for almond milk, soy milk, and a regular one.
It has a quality build, it heats up fast and it extremely simple to use. What do you think? Did you have any previous experiences and your favorites? Share your thoughts, which is the best latte machine for you?