Store-bought smoked turkey wings already have the smoking part done. It is quite easy to cook these at home compared to fresh turkey wings that you plan to smoke and cook both at home. Here is a detailed article on cooking store-bought smoked turkey wings at home.
So, whether you plan to host a feast and cook multiple smoked turkey wings or cook a single one for yourself, you should know the diametric of both to ensure you get the perfect dish each time.
How to Cook Store-Bought Smoked Turkey Wings?
Store-bought turkey wings are technically pre-cooked. You can have them just as they are without cooking. Further cooking only heats the wings and accentuates the taste.
Store-bought smoked turkey wings are easy to cook. If you want to cook a single smoked turkey wing, all you need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the turkey wing for 45 minutes.
If you want to cook multiple smoked wings, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15 minutes per pound.
How to Smoke Turkey Wings?
If you have turkey wings that are not smoked yet, you can easily smoke them by adding some wood chips to a smoker and putting the turkey wings on a smoker rack. Smoke them for 2 hours to get the desired smokey result.
How to Cook Smoked Turkey Wings in the Oven?
Store-bought smoked turkey wings can be cooked in the oven to get a crispy skin on the wings. Here is how it should be done:
- Season the wings with a spice rub or spice mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slightly oil the baking dish.
- Place the wings on the baking dish.
- Cook the turkey wings for 15 minutes per pound.
- Check with a meat thermometer after some time to ensure they are adequately cooked. Their internal temperature should be around 165 degrees Fahrenheit when done.
How to Cook Smoked Turkey Wings on the Stove?
If you do not have an oven, you can cook smoked turkey wings on the stove as well. Here is how it is done:
- Place a large skillet or pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Place the smoked turkey wings in the skillet or pan.
- Pour enough water into the pan to cover the wings.
- Cover the pan with a lid and leave some open space for the steam to escape.
- Cook for 15 minutes per pound.
How to Cook Smoked Turkey Wings in an Air Fryer?
You can even cook your smoked turkey wings in an air fryer. This is how it is done:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Spray the fryer basket with non-stick oil.
- Put the wings in the basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes while turning the wings occasionally.
How to Cook Smoked Turkey Wings in a Crock-Pot?
Cooking smoked turkey wings in a crockpot gives a burst of flavors and makes your meat tender and juicy from the inside and crispy from the outside. This procedure is time-consuming but is worth a try. This is how it is done:
- Season 3 pounds of smoked turkey wings with pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and soy sauce. You can even use a spice rub if you prefer.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil and brown the smoked turkey wings for almost 7 minutes. You might need to divide the wings into several batches depending upon the size of your skillet.
- After all the smoked turkey wings are evenly browned, put them into the crockpot.
- Add ½ cup of dry sherry wine.
- Add some sliced scallions and garlic cloves.
- Cook for 4 hours and serve hot.
How to Cook Smoked Turkey Wings in a Pressure Cooker?
You can cook smoked turkey wings in a pressure cooker as well. Here is how:
- Season 4 pounds of smoked turkey wings with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and lime juice. You can also use your own spice rub.
- Put the wings into a large pressure cooker. Add one finely chopped onion and a few minced garlic cloves.
- Add a cup of water and a few tablespoons of oil.
- Cook for 30 minutes and then release the steam immediately.
- Serve with ketchup or soy sauce.
Yes, store-bought smoked turkey wings are fully cooked. But, they are a little dry and bland. You can cook them at home again in the oven, crock-pot, pressure cooker, or air fryer with a spice rub or vegetables for an additional flavor.
Place the legs on a large sheet of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap the legs. Drizzle some oil on the legs and coat the entire meat. Wrap the foil on the legs thoroughly sealing them. Place these on a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
Smoked turkey wings are the healthiest lean meat choices for people. The wings are rich in vitamins and minerals. However, they are high in sodium and may not be suitable for those on a low-sodium diet.
So, now you should know how to cook store-bought smoked turkey wings at home. You can use an oven, pressure cooker, crockpot, or even a stove. Remember that store-bought smoked turkey wings are already precooked and ready to eat.
Additional cooking helps to reheat the wings and add some more flavors. Garlic, onions, and a spice rub are the best options to add some delicious flavors to your smoked turkey wings.
Store-bought smoked turkey wings can be cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven for 15 minutes per pound. If the wings you bought are not smoked, you can smoke them first in a smoker and then cook them the same way for the same amount of time.
More Posts for You: