Best Cookware For Glass Top Stoves 2019 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Glass top stoves are the latest trend, giving a sophisticated look in your kitchen. However, looking for the right cookware can be a little tricky because you don’t want to ruin the delicate surface of the stove. For your convenience, we round up five of the best cookware for glass top stoves.
With the many brands of cookware available on the market today, it can be a hard to choose the right one for your needs. To be a wise shopper, you need to know the essential features. After several tests and research, we offer a guideline on how to choose the best cookware for your glass top stove.
What To Look For
1. Flat Bottom
For efficient heat transfer, look for a cookware that has a flat bottom. The direct contact between the bottom of the cookware and the glass top stove allows the heat to be distributed evenly, hence faster cooking. Most flat bottom pans and pots have smooth surfaces which can leave no scratches on the glass top range.
2. Metal Cookware
Many manufacturers use titanium to produce good cookware. This review may be something you need if you're interested in this material: saladmaster 316ti titanium cookware reviews. It features 316 stainless steel, making it more durable and safer cookware that you can cook without oil
All of them have flat bottoms which are very compatible to glass top ranges. Cast iron is a good cookware material but its coarse surface might scratch the glass top.
Porcelain enamel and glass cookware may be aesthetically pleasing but they tend to melt into the glass top when heated at a very hot temperature. Likewise, copper and aluminum are not suitable for glass top ranges because they leave stains and residue to the glass surface.
3. Medium Size
To get the best results, look for the right size of cookware, which is usually medium. The size should be similar to the size of the stove circles. The small cookware heats up fast while the large ones leave some cold spots especially on the part where it doesn’t touch the circle.
4. Heavy Base
The best cookware for glass top stoves should have a heavy base to stay securely in place when cooking. Heavy pots and pots tend to be more stable as compared to their lighter counterparts.
The heavier the cookware, the better it conducts heat because it can get in contact with the glass top more effectively. As good as it sounds, you should never buy a cookware that’s overly heavy because it can also risk your glass stove top to break.
To extend the life of your cookware, look for one that offers a long warranty. The warranty will cover all defects within the given period. So if you accidentally buy a defective time, you can get it replaced if it offers a warranty. The longer the warranty, the better.
How To Clean Your Glass Top Stove
You can clean the spots and grease from your glass top stove by wiping the surface with a cloth and soapy water. White vinegar can also be used to remove any surface debris. Sprinkle some baking soda to remove the grime more easily. Watch how the proper cleaning is done in this video here.
- 8- And 10-Inch Omelette Pan, 1-1/2- And 2-1/2-Quart Covered Sauce Pan, And 6-Quart Covered Stock Pot
- 2 Layers Of Stainless Steel Encapsulate Heavy-Gauge, Aluminum Core For Fast, Even Heating
- Triple-Riveted Handles For Secure Handling; Long Cool-V Handles Stay Cool To The Touch On The Stovetop
- Tempered Glass Lids Help Trap In Heat And Moisture While Making It Easy To Check On Food At A Glance
- Oven-Safe Up To 450 Degrees F; Safe On All Stove Tops Including Induction; Dishwasher-Safe
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 15:28
If you want to invest in a good cookware, then the Caphalon 8-Piece Cookware Set might fit your needs. For quick, even heating, two layers of stainless steel are encased by a heavy-gauge aluminum core.
The handles are triple riveted to ensure secure handling. Even while cooking, the handles remain cool.
The tempered glass lids are effective in sealing the moisture of food while making it easy to view the food while cooking. This 10-piece cookware set comes with two omelet pans (8 and 10 inches), two covered saucepans ( 1.5 and 2.5 quarts), and 6-quart covered stockpot.
- Supported by a full lifetime warranty
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Safe for all types of stove, oven, and broiler
- Tri-ply stainless steel is durable and heats evenly
- Good size and weight for glass top stove
- Very smooth bottom for glass top stove suitability
- It would have been perfect if it features more pans and pots
- A bit expensive
- 1-1/2- and 2-quart covered saucepans, 8-quart covered stockpot, 3-quart covered saute pan, and 8- and 10-inch open skillets
- Hard-anodized aluminum; stainless-steel bases with encapsulated aluminum cores; nonstick exteriors and abrasion-reducing ring design
- Cast stainless-steel riveted handles stay comfortably cool on the stovetop
- Heavy-gauge stainless-steel lids
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 500 degrees F; suitable for all stove types; limited lifetime warranty
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 15:36
The Circulon Infinite Cookware Set is made of hard-anodized aluminum to provide superior abrasion resistance. This 10-piece cookware set comes with 1.5- and 2-quart covered saucepans, 8-quart covered stockpot, 3-quart covered saute, and 8-and 10-inch skillets.
The bases are made of stainless steel and aluminum cores to conduct heat evenly. Stainless-steel handles remain cool even when cooking.
For superior food release, the raised circles are coated with 3 layers of Dupont coating. All pots and pans are perfect for all stovetops including glass cooktops thanks to its flat and smooth bottom. They can even be safe to use in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. So if you’re looking for a versatile cookware, try the Circulon Infinite.
- Oven-safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and compatible to any type of stove
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Heavy weighted for stability
- Stainless steel and aluminum bases conduct heat evenly
- Durable hard anodized aluminum construction
- The coating on the stockpot seems to peel off easily
- Not dishwasher-safe since coating tends to chip off after it came out from the washer
- The pot seems to soak up the food residue over time
- GERMAN ENGINEERED HIGH QUALITY COOKWARE: ELO's 14-piece high quality 18/10 stainless steel Top Collection cookware set is among the best in the world and is rated to be one of the best cookware brands available today.
- MATERIAL: Each pot and pan is made of stainless steel 18/10 and has an integrated proportion system for even heat distribution. Each lid is made using shock resistant glass to prevent breakage. See below for more details.
- EASY AND READY TO USE: Inside each pot and pan includes an integrated measuring scale with a straight form rim which allows for easy pouring. Equipped with ergonomic heat-reducing stainless steel handles, ELO's Top Collection set is ready to be used on electric, gas, induction and glass ceramic stoves.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Dishwasher safe.
- 4 YEAR WARRANTY: Backed with a 4 year warranty, ELO is completely confident that you will love their product or we will refund your money back, no questions asked!
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:55
The ELO Cookware Pots and Pans is made of stainless steel which is durable, non-reactive, and easy to clean. This 14-piece cookware set includes sauce pan, covered serving pan, milk pot, steamer pot, magnet coaster, and four covered casserole pots. Every lid is made of shock-resistant glass to prevent from being broken.
Impressively, each pot and pan include a measuring scale for accurate measurements and a straight rim for simple pouring. Even if the handles are stainless steel, they’re cold to touch even when cooking. You can rely on its 4-year warranty to offer replacements and repairs for any defects.
- Made of durable, rust-resistant, and non-reactive stainless steel construction
- Distributes heat evenly for faster cooking
- Convenient to use with its integrated measuring scale
- Comes with 4-year warranty
- Glass tempered lids are shock resistant and convenient for monitoring food
- Some lids don’t fit well
- Being made of stainless steel, the pans and pots don’t conduct heat well
- FAST, EVEN HEATING: This cookware boasts hard-anodized construction for swift, even heating and is oven safe to 350 degrees F
- LONG-LASTING NONSTICK: Pan interiors are coated in durable nonstick for impeccable food release
- EASY HANDLING: Pots and pans feature double-riveted grippy handles and shatter resistant glass lids
- CONVENIENT CLEANUP: Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- SET INCLUDES: 1- and 2-Quart Covered Saucepans, 6-Quart Covered Stockpot, 3-Quart Covered Sauté, and 8.5-Inch and 10-Inch Skillets
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:28
The Rachel Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Cookware Set could be a great fit to those seeking for a cookware that offers both durability and style. The hard anodized aluminum construction of the cookware promises a nonreactive and tough coating capacity. Since it’s dishwasher safe, you can clean the pots and pans easily.
This 10-piece cookware set includes 1-quart and 2-quart saucepans, 6-quart covered stockpot, 3-quart covered saute, 8.5-inch skillet, and 10-inch skillet. The handles are comfortable and secure to grip due to its rubberized construction. You can watch the food while it cooks through the tempered glass lids and repairs any defects with its lifetime limited warranty.
- Good lifetime limited warranty
- Durable hard anodized aluminum construction
- Easy to grip rubberized handles
- Dishwasher- safe and easy to clean
- Attractive design and color
- The bottom of the pots and pan scratches easily
- The pans are too light, making them slightly unstable on the glass top stove
- The coating seems to peel off quickly especially on medium heat
- Set Includes: 1qt.cov. Saucepan, 2 qt. cov. Saucepan, 6 qt. cov. Stockpot, 2.75 qt. cov. Saute, 8" Skillet, 10" Skillet, 5 Piece Measuring Spoon Set
- Colorful speckled porcelain exterior will enhance every kitchen from contemporary to traditional. This attractive exterior is durable, stain resistant and a breeze to clean
- Heavy gauge construction heats up quickly and evenly. Durable DuPont Teflon Select nonstick interiors provide easy cleaning and long-lasting food release
- Color coordinated, dual riveted, soft-touch handles are designed to provide a comfortable, secure grip. Stylish copper plated rings are attached for hanging convenience. Oven safe to 350°F
- Tempered glass lids lock in flavors and let you watch your food cook without lifting he lid. Copper plated knobs add a punch of color and sophistication to spice up your kitchen
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 18:55
If you care about aesthetics and price, then the Paula Deen Signature Cookware Set might be your best choice. This 15-piece cookware includes 1-quart saucepan, 2-quart saucepan, 6-quart covered stockpot, 2.75-quart covered saute pan, 8-inch skillet, and 5 pieces of measuring spoons.
The cookware is finished with a colorful speckled porcelain to create a durable and stain-resistant exterior. Its heavy-gauge construction heats fast and evenly.
The interior is made of sturdy DuPont Teflon Select nonstick material for easy cleanup and long lasting food release. The handles are dual riveted and designed with a comfortable grip. The tempered glass lids seal in the flavors and allow you to watch the food while it cooks more conveniently.
- The porcelain exterior looks nice and sleek
- The glass tempered glass lids are durable and convenient
- Affordable cookware set
- The bottom of pots and pans are flat for even distribution of heat
- The porcelain exterior might melt into the glass surface when exposed at a very high temperature
- The nonstick interior tends to bubble and peel over time
- Pots and pans can easily warp with too much beating
Based on the reviews above, the best cookware for glass top stoves is the Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 8-Piece Cookware Set. Although a bit pricey, it has almost all the features that we’re looking for, such as a long warranty, heavy base, and smooth bottom. The next best thing is the Circulon Infinite Cookware Set due to its encased aluminum cores, smooth stainless bases, and durable hard anodized construction.
Have you tried buying a cookware for your glass top stove already? Let us know your experiences in the comments section. Don’t forget to share this wonderful post if you like it.