Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker 2017 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Are you considering to buy a new coffee maker to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee every day? If yes, then take the time to read our grind and brew coffee maker reviews as we explore five of the best coffee brands available on the market today. From grinding coffee beans to brewing a fresh cup of coffee, these coffee makers do them all for you.
In this guide, we’ll review the features and performances of each coffee maker. We’ll try to rate each unit and help you find the best coffee maker that offers the most convenient features at the best value. Here are our guidelines and reviews:
Burr Grinder Vs Blade Grinder - What’s the difference?
A burr grinder produces a more thorough and uniform size of grounds, resulting in a better tasting coffee. You also get more control on the grind as compared to a blade. However, grinding may tend to be slower and coffee makers with this type of grinder are pricey.
A blade grinder is inexpensive, but it produces inconsistent ground results as it produces heat and friction when grinding. While too coarse grounds create a weak coffee, too fine grounds produces a bitter coffee. To get a uniform ground, you need to grind the coffee in spurts.
Things To Take Note Of!
- Always begin with a clean coffee maker
- Avoid brewing below 3/4 of the coffee maker’s capacity. If you regularly need a smaller quantity of coffee, opt for a smaller unit
- Always use fresh coffee beans and freshly taken cold water
What Should I Look For When Buying A Coffee Maker?
1. Water Filters
Some of the best coffee makers offer a charcoal water filter and a permanent gold tone coffee filter to remove any impurities. A charcoal water filter helps remove the bad taste, chlorine, and odors from tap water. A permanent filter saves you money in buying paper filters all the time but it needs constant care to avoid any residue buildup.
2. Grind Strength Settings
Multiple grind strength settings allow you to make the most flavorful coffee that suits your taste. You can choose from mild, medium, or strong. Most of the high-end models offer eight strength settings and even offer a Pre-Ground option to make coffee just the way you want it.
3. Auto Shut-Off
For safety, look for an auto shut-off feature which allows your unit to turn itself off after it has reached a specified time interval. Most coffee makers shut off for a fixed period of time, like after 2 or 3 hours. Others shut off automatically at a user-selected interval, normally between 0-4 hours after brewing.
4. Brewing Capacity
The brewing capacity may depend on how many cups of coffee you can consume in one setting. If many in your family love to drink coffee, look for a larger brewing capacity. Most of the coffee makers we reviewed have a capacity of 10-12 cups.
5. Programming Features
If you like to wake up with an already prepared coffee, make sure that the coffee maker has an Auto Brew feature. A programmable timer also allows you to set the grinding and brewing time automatically. To brew less than five cups, look for a 1-4 Cup Setting.
6. Warranty & Service
Since a grind and brew coffee maker is a somehow a big investment, make sure that you have a long warranty so you can get it repaired or replaced if it becomes defective. Also, a warranty can be a great indication of durability. The longer the warranty, the more durable it is to last for a long time.Make sure to discuss the warranty before the actual purchase. Is it a limited warranty? Are spare parts available? Do they offer free servicing or repairs?
Although we aim for high quality, we can’t forget to factor in the price. In most cases, people choose an expensive product because it entails a higher quality. However, this isn't always the case if you know what features you’ll need.
If possible, look for a coffee maker that has the best features at the lowest price.If you’re a heavy coffee drinker, though, or one that’s absolutely passionate about coffee, it won’t hurt to invest in an expensive top-of-the-line coffee maker.
5 Grind And Brew Coffee Maker Reviews
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
1. Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control
The Breville BDC650BSS is built with stainless steel burrs to produce consistent ground sizes for a better tasting coffee. The bean hopper is designed with a locking system to remove, store, and transfer easily. This coffee maker features eight grind strengths to suit your taste and can even opt for the Pre-Ground option to make coffee just the way you prefer it.
Watch how to use the Breville coffee maker in this video.
Editor's Rating: 96/100
Price on Amazon: $284.94
This grind control offers a brewing capacity of up to 12-cup carafe or a single cup with different size options. To fit tall cups and other mugs, the drip tray is removable to give a 7.5-inch clearance. You can also program the unit to auto grind, brew, and shut-off automatically.
- Offers a one-year limited product warranty
- Features eight grind settings to customize coffee size and volume
- Has a large and variable brewing capacity
- Built with stainless steel burrs
- Fully programmable with auto start, auto shut-off, and pre-brew temperature control
- Includes a gold tone mesh filter to remove water impurities
- Cleaning is a bit challenging
- Needs a lot of space in your counter
- Needs constant maintenance
2. Black & Decker CM5000B 12-Cup Mill And Brew Coffeemaker
The Black & Decker CM5000B is a fast and easy grind and brew coffee maker that features a QuickTouch Programming for ease of use. The auto brew feature allows you to program the machine to make coffee the next morning. To ensure safety, use the auto shut-off feature to turn off the unit after brewing.
Watch how to use the Black & Decker CM5000B in this video.
Editor's Rating: 94/100
Price on Amazon: $49.99
If you can’t wait for the brewing process to end, use the sneak-a-cup feature. You have an option of using the built-in grinder to prepare whole coffee beans or turn it off to make pre-ground coffee. With the brew strength selector, you can make various coffee flavors.
- Quite affordable
- Has a large capacity: 12 cups
- Offers a brew strength selector for customized coffee flavor
- Provides a 2-year limited warranty
- Built with great features- auto brew, auto shut-off, sneak-a-cup
- Permanent filter is easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Leaks water after several uses
- Produces inconsistent grounds
- The auto brew function won't work sometimes.
3. Capresso 464.05 Coffee Team GS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker
The Capreso 464.05 is a 10-cup digital coffee maker built with a conical burr grinder for uniformly sized grounds. It features five grind settings from coarse to fine. You can let the unit shut itself off after two hours of brewing. The charcoal water filter can eliminate up to 82% of chlorine and other contaminants.
Learn how to use the Capresso coffee maker in this video.
Editor's Rating: 93/100
Price on Amazon: $179.98
If you want to make less amounts of coffee, you can choose from 2-10 cups. To brew automatically, you can set the time on the programmable timer. If you want to pour a cup of coffee in the middle of the brewing process, just use the brew-pause function.
- Built with an efficient conical burr grinder
- Offers five grind settings
- Can make 2-10 cups
- Includes a gold tone filter and built with a charcoal water filter
- Features a 2-hour auto shut-off for safety
- Can be set to brew automatically
- Grinding is loud and slow
- The timer is a bit off
- The thermal carafe leaks
4. Cuisinart DGB-625BC Grind-And-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
The Cuisinart DGB-625BC is a 12-cup automatic grind and brew coffee maker that includes an instruction booklet and a measuring scoop. If you wish to make smaller amounts of coffee, you can do it with its 1-4 cups setting. For ease of use, this unit offers a large control panel.
Here’s a quick demo on how to use the Cuisinart DFB-62BC.
Editor's Rating: 84/100
Price on Amazon: $69.99
Unlike other similar products, the DGB-62BC provides an adjustable auto shut-off feature from 0-4 hours. The 24-hour programmable feature also allows you set it for a great cup of coffee the next morning. You can be sure that no water impurities will be imparted in your coffee because it is built with a charcoal water filter and a permanent gold tone coffee filter.
- Completely programmable with adjustable auto shut-off from 0-4 hours, 1-4 cup setting, and brew pause
- Has a large brewing capacity: 12 cups
- Offers a limited 3-year warranty
- Built with a great water filtration system
- Has great price for its value
- Includes great accessories
- It would have been perfect if it offers a grind strength feature
- Tends to make weak coffee
- Can’t produce more than six cups of coffee because the grind compartment only holds less coffee
5. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
The DeLonghi ESAM3300 is patented with the “Cappucino System” frother to make a creamy froth by combining milk and steam. It’s easy to use with its rotary and push control panel. For best grinder performance, use coffee beans with less oil.
Learn how to operate the DeLonghi 3300 in this video.
Editor's Rating: 80/100
Price on Amazon: $507.81
Unlike other burr grinders, the ESAM3300 works with less grinding noise. You can also adjust the grind settings to ensure maximum freshness. The Rapid Cappuccino System keeps the best temperature so you can brew coffee instantly.
- Can make many kinds of coffee, from espresso to latte and cappuccino
- Makes coffee fast
- Easy to clean
- Patented to make a rich froth for
- Built with programmable features
- Built with low-pitch conical burrs
- Very expensive
- Machine easily breaks after several uses
- Produces tepid coffee, not hot
Which Is Best?
Based on our grind and brew coffee maker reviews, the best unit is the Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control because it has all the features that we’re looking for at the most reasonable price. The Breville Grind Control is made of precision burrs, gold tone mesh filter, programmable features, auto shut-off, one-year warranty, and a large 12-cup carafe or single cup capacity. Best of all, it offers the most number of grind settings.
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly leave them in the comments below! And we won’t mind if you share article on your favorite social media platform! Thanks!