Best Bakeware Sets 2017 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Confused on what bakeware set to buy? Then continue reading this article as we recommend five best bakeware sets for your consideration. All are selected based on their popularity, price, and features.
Using a good bakeware set is as important as your baking skills to produce the best results. You should know what features to look for to get the best worth of your money.
To get you started, check our product reviews along with some buying guidelines that you can follow.
Different Materials Of Bakeware
Just like any other cookware, the performance of your bakeware set relies on the material used. To get a better view of the different materials of bakeware, watch this video.
Glass has a great heat conductivity and doesn’t react with certain food. This makes this material a great food storage as well. It is ideal for baking puddings and casseroles. However, it tends to brown food with a lot of sugar and takes longer to heat up.
Ceramic usually has an enamel finish, making it very easy to clean. It’s safe on high temperatures and distribute heat evenly, like metal. However, like glass, it tends to burn food with a lot of sugar.
Metal is ideal in baking dishes and pastries that require high heat, like cookies and biscuits. It can heat up faster and cook down quickly. Heat is also distributed evenly for better baking results.
What To Look For
1. Easy To Clean
It’s easier to clean if your bakeware set is made of nonstick material. The food easily glides from the surface leaving no traces of food residue. Just a simple wipe with a clean dishcloth is all you need.
Ceramic bakeware usually has as enamel finish which aids with easy cleanup. For convenient cleaning, it is preferable that you look for a dishwasher-safe feature.
This feature can save you the hassle of cleaning the bakeware pieces by your hands.
2. Essential Items In A Set
To get the best value for your investment, consider the items included in a set. Some bakeware sets may offer a lot of items at a high price with only a few really essential for baking needs.
The most essential items that you should look for are a casserole dish, muffin pan, loaf pan, cookie sheet, pie pan, and cake pans.
3. Durable Material That Conducts Heat Evenly
The durability of bakeware sets may depend on the thickness of material. As possible, look for a heavy-gauge metal because it ensures a great resistance from dents and deformity. Among the best materials to look for include ceramic and metal.
4. Comfortable Handles
To protect your baked food from getting spilled on the floor, you need to look for a bakeware set with handles that can be comfortable to grip after cooking in the oven.
Most bakeware sets provide silicone handles to make it easy to handle. The size of handles should be large enough so you can grab them easily.
A warranty often indicates good quality because a manufacturer won’t offer it if it doesn’t trust its quality. The longer the warranty, the better. This comes in handy when you want your defective bakeware replaced for a good one.
Our Top 5 Recommendations
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
1. Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware Set, 6-Pieces
If you like an affordable bakeware set that can bake cakes and cookies with great confidence, then the Calphalon Non-Stick Bakeware Set may suit your need.
The bakeware set is made of a heavy-gauge carbon steel core that won’t warp and a nonstick interior for easy food release. The toffee colored nonstick finish offers a nice and practical design.
This 6-piece bakeware set includes all the necessary items from cake pan and loaf pan to muffin pan and cookie sheet. It promises to prevent over browning your food with its lighter color. It’s dishwasher-safe for convenient cleanup and backed by a 10-year warranty.
Editor's Rating: 97/100
Price on Amazon: $29.95
- Heavy-gauge carbon steel is durable and distributes heat evenly
- Great release performance
- Supported by a 10-year warranty
- Dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup
- Comes at an affordable price
- Offers a great variety of baking essentials
- The nonstick coating may peel off over time
- The cookie sheet can warp in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit after several uses
- After several trips in the dishwasher, the bakeware tends to rust easily
2. Rachel Ray Cucina 4-Piece Bakeware Set
If you like a good looking bakeware set with all essential pans for roasting and baking, then you can try the Rachel Ray Cucina which comes in a latte brown color with agave blue handle grips.
All the pieces are made of sturdy carbon steel and designed with rolled rim edges to prevent warping. Silicone grips provide a great amount of solid and comfortable grip.
This 4-piece bakeware set includes a cookie pan, two round cake pans, and a muffin pan. The bakeware set can be placed in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cleanup is easy with its latte-colored nonstick interior.
Editor's Rating: 93/100
Price on Amazon: $29.00
- Stylish latte brown colored bakeware set
- Silicone handles are large and easy to hold even with potholders
- Sturdy carbon steel construction
- Nonstick interior releases food quickly making cleanup easy
- Solid weight
- The muffin pan can warp over time
- The pans are vulnerable to rust
- Cookie sheet seems too large in a standard-sized oven
3. Silverstone Hybrid Ceramic Nonstick Bakeware
The Silverstone Hybrid is 5-piece ceramic nonstick bakeware which includes two round cake pans, cookie sheet, loaf pan, and a rectangular cake pan.
All pieces are made of solid carbon steel and rolled rims to prevent from dents and warps. Plenty of space is provided on the handles for a secure grip even if you wear mittens.
If you like a very easy cleanup, then the hybrid ceramic nonstick might suit your needs as it resists peeling and chipping.
Best of all its PFOA- and PTFE-free which means they don’t impart any chemical residues to your food. You can put the cookware in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and create a variety of roasted and baked recipes.
Editor's Rating: 87/100
- Beautiful color and design
- Ceramic coating releases food quickly and safe from PFOA and PTFE
- Tough carbon steel construction
- Easy to grip handles
- Safe for high temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Contrary to its advertisement, the nonstick coating does chip after several uses
- Not suitable for dishwasher
- May produce unhealthy fumes from the nonstick surface
4. Pyrex Easy Grab 19-Piece Glass Bakeware Set With Blue Lids
If you like a versatile set of bakeware, then the Pyrex Easy Grab Bakeware Set With Blue Lids might be your best option. It features large ergonomic handles for easy handling. Easy snap-on lids provide secure storage and transport.
This 19-piece glass bakeware set contains a great variety of baking essentials from baking dish, oblong, square, loaf dish, and three mixing bowls- all matched with blue plastic lids.
Other pieces include pie plate and four rimmed custard cups. All pieces are made of nonporous glass that won’t take up stains and odors.
Editor's Rating: 85/100
Price on Amazon: $49.70
- All oven bakeware comes with a 2-year warranty while plastic covers are supported by 1-year warranty
- Handles are easy to grip with large construction
- Easy to clean with its soft contours
- Versatile to use
- Nonporous glass can’t be stained
- Offers a great assortment of baking dish and bowls
- The glass may shatter on very high temperature
- Some lids are loosely fit
- Heats up slowly
5. Elite Bakeware Ultra Nonstick Baking Pans Set Of 5
The Elite Bakeware Premium Bakeware Set is made of heavy duty steel to resist rust and prevent warping. The nonstick coating allows easy food release while the silicone handles have round ends for easy grabbing.
This 5-piece bakeware set offers a wide array of baking essentials from two rectangle pans and square pan to circular pan and cupcake pan.
All the pans are oven safe at a maximum temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit. For your peace of mind, a money back lifetime guarantee is provided.
Editor's Rating: 80/100
Price on Amazon: $34.99
- Excellent silicone handle design
- Nice assortment of pans
- Made of durable steel
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Nonstick coating releases food quickly
- Pans may develop some rust over time
- Nonstick coating is vulnerable to warping and peeling
Among the five best bakeware sets reviewed above, it can be safe to say that the Calphalon Bakeware Set is the best among them all because it has most of the features that we’re looking for.
Calphalon Bakeware Set has almost all the baking essentials you need plus it comes with a 10-year warranty.
All the bakeware pans are made of durable carbon steel construction and interlocking layers of nonstick coating interior.
Have you bought a bakeware cookware set? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. Feel free to share this article if you want.